Reader Comments

New CEO denies prior knowledge of sex claims against founder

"Mindy" (2018-04-10)

 |  Post Reply

best online casino gaming providerLAS VEGAS (AP) — The new CEO of Las Vegas-based Wynn Resorts said he was not aware of any of the sexual misconduct accusations against Best online casino gaming provider mogul Steve Wynn before they surfaced last month.

Matt Maddox, who was appointed CEO on Feb. 6 after Wynn resigned, added that people should "hold off making any judgment until the investigations into the accusations are complete."

Wynn Resorts is facing scrutiny by gambling regulators in Nevada and Massachusetts, where the company is building a roughly $2.4 billion casino just outside Boston. Regulators in Macau, the Chinese enclave where the company operates two casinos, are also inquiring about the accusations.

Steve Wynn has vehemently denied the misconduct accusations and attributed them to a campaign led by his ex-wife. An attorney for Elaine Wynn has denied that she instigated the news report.

The allegations surfaced last month, when the Wall Street Journal reported that a number of women said Steve Wynn harassed or assaulted them and that one case led to a $7.5 million settlement.

Wynn Resorts has created a committee to investigate the allegations and to review the company's internal policies and procedures to ensure a "safe and respectful workplace for all employees." Maddox, who does not sit on the board of directors, said he would leave it up to lawyers and investigators to decide whether the findings of the investigation should be made public.

Add comment